As the world comes together to avoid getting each other sick with COVID-19, everything is closing down and we’re being asked to avoid sharing germs with friends and family.
As many of you are staying home from work, school, and other adventures, here are a few suggestions.
- Read Books
- I can think of some excellent books you can read, if you like fairy tales, adventure, period piece drama, and magic…
- This might be the right time to read some Epic Fantasy or one of those thick classics you’ve been meaning to read.
- Also check out some other independent authors. I know lots of other authors. Let me know what you like and I’ll make a recommendation. Here’s a sample:
- Virtual Call Friends and Family
- There are people who like you out there. Use Google Hangouts, Skype, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, or any other app to say hello without swapping germs. You can even do a virtual watch party.
- Get Creative with What’s In Your Pantry
- Watch an episode of Chopped. You’ll find anything can be made into a meal.
- Watch That Series/Movie/Awesome Thing You’ve Been Meaning to Watch
- Disney+ is happy to help you with this by releasing Frozen 2 early.
- Have you watched Doctor Who yet? There are a bajillion episodes.
- Or, watch all the Star Trek series.
- This may be the time to give in to a Korean Drama. I recommend Descendants of the Sun on Hulu
- Have a Jane Austen Adaptation Marathon. You could read the books too.
- Craft or Learn A Skill
- Write your own novel
- Learn to knit, crochet, or rob a bank… Maybe not that last one.
- Go Outside for a Walk
- The air outside is not poisoned. Go to a park and just don’t touch other people or stand too close.
- Make Every Day Spontaneous Dance Party Day
- Don’t Start an Underground Toiletpaper and Hand Sanitizer Smuggling Ring
- This is not how you make friends.
Speaking of things in short supply, here are some things that there were plenty of as of Friday, March 13, 2020
Pesticides and Bug Spray
Individual Cake Slices
And, most surprising, whipped cream. Why wouldn’t you have that in your survival kit?
Also, Here Are A Few Things People Think They Need
Cake Mix (I can’t argue too much with these priorities)
Non-Stick Cooking Spray – Because it will help the germs slide away?
How are you doing?
I hope all of you are doing well, have what you need, and stay in good health. Ask how your neighbors are doing (just don’t stand too close), wash your hands, and stay calm. If we all can do those things, I think everything will be all right. Life will return to usual at some point.
- How are things going for you?
- What are your tips and suggestions?
- What are you surprised about stores running out of?