UPDATE: You are welcome to comment and check out the blogs linked to below. However, the award period of Hello’s and High Five’s period has ended. To see the results, check out And The High-Five Goes To…
Blogging is about more than writing and reading. It’s about meeting people, making connections, and developing relationships. One of the benefits of being Freshly Pressed is the fantastic deluge of visitors. Some have even found it worthwhile to stick around and follow. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and would like to begin by offering a round of ‘Hello’s and High-Fives.’.
This is the first ever Hello’s and High-Five’s. The goal is to allow fellow-bloggers to say hello, and give each other a “High-Five!” for their awesome blog.
Here’s how to participate:
- Comment below and answer these
5I mean 4 prompts (These may be roughly based on the Bridge of Death scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
- A. What is your quest? In other words, what is your blog about?
- B. What is your favorite ice cream? (As you can see from the diagram of The Marvelization of Star Wars, mine is Mint and Chip.)
- C. A random question as posed by the commenter before you. (Please keep it PG, and the airspeed velocity of anything doesn’t count.)
- D. Copy and paste a link to one of your favorite posts on your own blog.
- Visit and comment on at least three blogs as featured in the comments below.
After everyone’s stopped by to say hello and give a high-five, early next week I’ll select the top five most spectacular posts and feature them on my blog.
For the first commenter, here’s the first question: If you were dropped into a post-apocalyptic world, and your only tool was duct tape, what would you make first?
I look forward to getting to know all of you better, and here’s an Internet High Five for all of you.
UPDATE: My comments are set to moderate first time commenters so I can prevent spam comments not filtered by askimet. So, there are currently a few first commenters from while I was sleeping last night. I’all temporarily change the setting to prevent more confusion.